Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 2-4 hours dehydration depending on heat setting
1. Curly kale- 1 bunch
2. Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
3. Cashew butter- 2 tbsp (This can be a little expensive but is so tasty! The cheapest I’ve found is Whole Foods’ 365 brand.) –
4. Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
5. 1/2 lemon
6.1 tsp. Braggs amino acid OR sea salt
7. Dash of hot sesame oil or powdered cayenne pepper for a spicy touch
8. 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
1. Wash + cut kale into chip-sized pieces and place in large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together ingredients 2-7 above. Whisk it until cashew butter is fully blended in with other ingredients
3. Pour wet mixture onto kale and massage into kale pieces.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast on top and massage into kale.
5. Dehydrate on 160 for 4 hours, or lower heat setting for longer if you observe raw food heat levels. Note if you don’t have a dehydrator and are thinking about getting one, do it!!!! It’s only ~$60 and if you are buying $6 kale chips regularly, this pays off quickly. Mine is this model and I love it: Nesco dehydrator
6. Store in airtight bag or container. I tend to find that even storing them well they taste best within 1-2 days of making them.