Today I did a spicy, nutty twist on a classic kale chip recipe by adding Sriracha and hemp seeds, and this is one of my favorite kale chip flavors to date (ties with cheesy cashew topping – I’ll post that one soon!). While I prefer my chips made in a dehydrator, if you don’t have one, you can adapt to make them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes.
1. 1 bunch of curly kale
2. 2 tbsp olive oil
4. 1 tbsp cashew butter
5. 1 tbsp sriracha
6. 1/4 cup hemp seeds
7. sea salt
1. Wash and dry kale
2. Cut into chip sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. To make the sauce, in a separate small bowl or ramekin, mix the olive oil, cashew butter, and sriracha. If the cashew butter is cold, you might want to heat up the mixture in a small saucepan so everything mixes well.
4. Pour the sauce on top the kale and lovingly massage into kale so it is well coated
5. Pour hemp seeds on top – massage in.
6. Top with generous sprinkles of sea salt
7. Before placing in the dehydrator or oven, taste it and see if you want to change anything (add more sriracha to dial up heat, add more salt, etc.)
8. If you are dehydrating, place in dehydrator on 135 degrees for 4 hours and turn over midway at the 2 hour mark.