Blessed to be in Kauai celebrating my one year anniversary with my love Marcus. On our second day here we stumbled upon a pretty sweet farmer’s market in Hanalei (Saturday morning 9 am-noon) chalk full of all kinds of tropical fruit. All this tropical bounty begs for a smoothie so I created this avocado, banana, macadamia nut, vanilla soy smoothie sweetened with local honey from a road side organic stop off called Banana Joes. Only takes a few minutes to prepare and leads to organic, creamy, rich deliciousness – great way to start your day or a great afternoon treat too!
1. 1 cup vanilla soymilk (I’ve tried almost every brand and think Silk is the tastiest)
2. 1/4 avocado
3. 1 small banana or 1/2 large bana
4. 3-4 macadamia nuts
5. Optional: A few slices of fresh coconut meat if you can find some- otherwise you can leave this out or substitute with 1 tbsp of dried shredded coconut
6. Honey- drizzle amount to your liking: I do about 1 tbsp
7. 2 ice cubes
Directions: Blend everything together and enjoy – share with your love!
1. 2 cups rolled oats
2. 1/2 cup maple syrup
3. 2 tbsp coconut oil
4. vanilla extract
5. cinnamon – sprinkle as much as you like
6. 1/2 cup of walnuts
7. 2 tbsp chia seeds
8. 1/2 cup coconut shreds
9. Sea salt
1. Dice up bananas, and if you like sprinkle with cinnamon and/or brown sugar / coconut sugar and dehydrate for ~6-7 hours or until you get to desired consistency.
1. Preheat oven to 300
2. In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (#2-4); spread over oats.
4. Sprinkle with dry ingredients (#5-8) and lovingly toss the wet and dry seasonings together (with hands or spoon — I prefer hands). Top with a few sprinkles of sea salt.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes and then add the dehydrated bananas.
Store in airtight container and enjoy!
I love my Soy Chai lattes; whether hot or cold, morning or afternoon, the cardamom, cinnamon, and sometimes ginger in chai is always soul-warming. This morning I was inspired to infuse a classic soymilk, banana smoothie with chai and it turned out delicious,
and is super easy to make:
1. 1.5 cups of vanilla soymilk
2. 1/2 banana
3. 1/2 cup chai mix (I like Oregon Chai original mix)
4. Optional adds on: Cacao nibs (love that these give a crunchy texture), chia seeds for added fiber, or shredded coconut for a tropical twist. I put in all three and really liked how it came out – the cacao nibs were especially yummy.
Directions: Blend everything in a blender until you get to desired consistency. Buen provecho!