I’ve been drinking a lot of young thai coconuts lately and playing around with different recipes where I can use all the luscious raw coconut meat. These creamy, decadent raw vegan treats are a great protein packed sweet indulgence.
1. Fresh coconut meat scooped out of a young thai coconut: ~1 cup or meat from 1 young thai coconut
2. 2 tbsp almond butter
3. 2 tbsp cashew butter
4. 2 tbsp maple syrup
5. 1 tbsp cinnamon
6. 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
7. Sea salt to taste
8. Optional for added crunchy texture: raw cacao nibs (~1 tbsp) and/or 1 tbsp coffee beans
Toppings – all optional – play around with what you like – Note dry toppings (e.g. shredded coconut, granola, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds etc.) help grip the gooey blended cream.
1. Shredded coconut: 1/4 cup
2. Seeds of your choice (hemp, sesame, chia, sunflower): 1/4 cup
3. Granola: 1/4 cup
1. Blend ingredients 1-8 until smooth in a blender or food processor
2. On a plate or cutting board, lay out the dry toppings
3. Scoop out the blended cream and immediately put in dry toppings – shape into balls (or other shapes if you like!)
4. Put in freezer for 20 minutes to set
5. Enjoy!!! Warning – these can induce spikes of very positive energy and even giddyness!