These delicious nut butter bites are great as a pre or post workout snack or are fun to serve as a sweet vegan treat at a party too. They are really easy to make – the only thing you will need is chocolate molds (I got these on Amazon and love the variety of shapes, particularly the hearts and the circles and rectangles embedded with swirly designs; I also got similar molds shaped like cute little robots). They should take no longer than 10 minutes to make and will set in the freezer and be ready to eat in about 1 hour. Note you do need to keep them in the freezer and serve immediately when taking out since the coco oil and nut butter combo make these prone to melting, especially in high heat. You’ll get protein from the nut butter, healthy fat from the coco oil, and an energy and mood boost!
If you want a sweet afternoon treat (perfect with coffee for all you afternoon coffee drinkers out there), this four ingredient recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make and can be consumed immediately or frozen for a few minutes for more solid texture.
1. 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used salted crunchy. If you don’t use salted, you’ll want to add some sea salt)
2. 1/2 cup maple syrup
3. 1/3 cup coconut oil
4. 1/2 cup granola (you can find a few different granola recipes on this site or use store bought)
1. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil to medium bowl. Mix well until coconut oil chunks are fully dissolved (assuming coconut oil isn’t already liquified).
2. On a plate spread out some granola that you will dip the mixture into to coat.
3. Scoop out quarter diameter sized balls and using your hands shape them into small balls before rolling into granola mixture until fully coated.
4. Once complete you can eat immediately (will be gooey) or you can place in freezer for about 10 minutes and they will set for more solid texture (I prefer the latter). Keep remaining stored in freezer and take out when you want a tasty treat! They should keep well for a week.