This cold, gusty, rainy weather is perfect for cozying up with good reading, fuzzy blankets and warm, creamy soup. This soul-warming, cauliflower kale soup is 100% vegan, very flavorful and super easy to make. It was also my first time using my Vitamix to make soup, which was fun (would have liked it to get just a bit hotter but otherwise worked well).
Serving size: 2 small/medium bowls – for more servings, proportionally increase everything
1. Cauliflower – 1 head, chopped into florets
2. Kale – 1 cup
3. Garlic- 1 clove, chopped
4. Olive oil – 2 tbspn
5. Vegetable broth – 2 cups
6. Sea salt
7. Optional: pumpkin seeds and kale chips for garnish
1. In a large pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Once boiling, throw in the cauliflower florets and boil for 3-4 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside cauliflower
2. In a skillet (or saucepan if you don’t have a skillet), heat the olive oil and on medium heat sautee the chopped garlic, cauliflower and sea salt until slightly browned. Add the kale and continue to sautee for a couple minutes. Once everything is sauteed turn off heat and prepare to transfer to blender.
3. In the blender, transfer the sauteed cauliflower, kale and garlic and add 2 cups of vegetable broth (I used store bought organic veg. broth). If using a Vitamix, turn to setting 9 or 10 for ~2-3 minutes to puree and heat everything. In a regular blender, blend until pureed.
4. If needed, heat more to get it piping hot
5. For garnish, I drizzled some Stonehouse lemon olive oil, a couple crushed up kale chips (store bought if you like or some recipes here) and some raw pumpkin seeds