I picked up some organic maca root while at my favorite health store at Harbin Hot Springs and was inspired to try to infuse it in granola. It definitely worked and added a nice caramel taste! Disclaimer: I didn’t measure anything so measurements are all approximate 🙂
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: ~40 min
1. 2 cups rolled oats
2. 1/2 cup maple syrup
3. 1.5 tbsp grapeseed oil
4. vanilla extract
5. cinnamon – sprinkle as much as you like
6. cardamom (optional) – sprinkle as much as you like
7. maca powder (can be found in organic/ raw food section of health stores: read more about this delicious powerful root here)
8. Sea salt – sprinkle to taste
9. Dried mango- take a few strips and dice up into small pieces
10. Slivered almond – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. On nonstick baking sheet, spread out the oats.
3. In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (#2-4) and then spread over oats.
4. Sprinkle with dry ingredients (#5-8) and lovingly toss the wet and dry seasonings together (with hands or spoon — I prefer hands).
5. Bake for 20 minutes and then add diced mango and almonds. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Store in airtight container and enjoy!