My dear friend Lisa was kind enough to gift me my very first food processor, which has been great for making faux cheese crumbles (from nuts) and lots of different sauces and dips. Today I made a quick zucchini pasta with spicy tomato sauce and salad with tahini turmeric dressing:
Zucchini Pasta with Spicy Tomato Sauce
1. 1 medium zucchini
2. 1 tomato
3. 1 garlic glove
4. 1 tbsp of spicy salsa (I had some chipotle salsa on hand, if you don’t have any you can just add cayenne or other hot spice if you want to make it spicy)
5. 1 tbsp olive oil
6. salt + pepper
Optional: Nut cheese topping:
1. 1/2 cup macadamia nut or walnut
2. 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
3. sea salt to taste
1. To make the zucchini pasta, put the zucchini through a spiralizer (Here is the one I use that I love). Set pasta aside in a bowl.
2. To make the sauce, put ingredients 2-5 in a food processor and pulse until you get to the consistency you like. I like mine a little chunky.
3. If you want to make the nut cheese, put nut cheese ingredients in food processor and pulse until you get to a crumble consistency.
4. Assembly: Top zucchini with pasta sauce and nut crumble. I have ring molds now that I like to play around with so I tried stacking mine here.
Tahini Turmeric Salad
1. Mixed greens of your choice. I like organic girls super greens.
2. Shredded carrots
3. Any other toppings you want 🙂
1. 1 tbsp olive oil
2. 1 tbsp tahini
3. 1 tbsp Bragg’s amino acids (soy sauce like alternative)
4. 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1. Arrange you salad as you wish and whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Top the salad with the dressing and enjoy.