I’ve been reading about the health benefits of tumeric (see here) and decided to make an extra healthy batch of kale chips infused with all the medicinal properties of tumeric.
1. Curly kale- 1 bunch
2. Olive Oil (garlic or regular)- 2 tbsp
3. Tahini (roasted or raw – I buy 365 brand from Whole Foods) 2-3 tbsp
4.1 tsp. Braggs amino acid OR sea salt
5. 1 tbsp tumeric
6. 1/2 tbsp sweetner of your choice e.g. honey, agave, maple, date/coconut sugar
7. 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
8. Optional toppings for added crunchy texture: 1 tbps sunflower seeds and or chia seeds
1. Wash + cut kale into chip-sized pieces and place in large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together ingredients 2-6 above. Whisk it until fully blended in with other ingredients
3. Pour wet mixture onto kale and massage into kale pieces.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast on top and massage into kale.
5. Dehydrate on 160 for 4 hours, or lower heat setting for longer if you observe raw food heat levels. Note if you don’t have a dehydrator and are thinking about getting one, do it!!!! It’s only ~$60 and if you are buying $6 kale chips regularly, this pays off quickly. Mine is this model and I love it: Nesco dehydrator