My boyfriend and I decided to host a last minute pre-holiday potluck and these made a really tasty appetizer. I made the raw vegan pesto the day before. Even though it doesn’t have cheese, the pine nuts and olive oil have a very flavorful richness so you won’t be missing the dairy!
1. 1 bunch of fresh basil
2. 1-2 cloves of chopped garlic
3. 2 cups of pine nuts
4. 1/4 cup olive oil
5. Sea salt – I don’t measure so start low and add as you like!
6. 12 small portobello (or other) mushrooms with stems removed
1. Combine ingredients 1-5 in food processor and pulse until you get desired consistency. Mine came out somewhat thick so more like a dip than a sauce, which worked well in the warm mushrooms
2. Brush the mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Add pesto and bake another 5 minutes
Serve hot and enjoy!!!